Saturday, February 13, 2010

Hey fellas...


Sorry for being such a slow-mo on updating blog posts...been really busy with a lot of things since I've come back to Singapore and I thought that it would be nice if I just say something quickly over here before CNY and yes, before any one of you kill me for it (and double sorry too, because I am not giving any angpaos this year (too))

Anyway, story telling time!

I just finished OH's 2nd Alpha training course, and Felicia did really well on sharing her story to the boarders...I was walking towards Newton MRT Station feeling really really tired and walk past every stranger I've met without even looking at them...

Then, an Indian called me from behind and I felt that I must talk to this man and so I turned to him. He explained that he did not have a home and unemployed, and asked for some money from me. Without hesitation, I took out my wallet and gave him ten dollars.

Here's the 'Wow!' part (uhh, what I think of this story.. :P) He was very (very) thankful and thanked me quite a number of times. According to him, he was praying outside a church nearby hoping that he would bump into someone who could offer him some help or even a suggestion on where to get a job.

Sincerely, I'm really glad that he offered to work at a church so I referred him to go to Barker Road Methodist Church, near where we were standing that night. After that, I offered Balji that I pray for him and we did....

One week later, I do not know where is Balji, but I hope that he is doing well in Singapore.

It's so nice to be part of someone's miracle, something which I find very rewarding. :)

2 comments:

Gab said...

Dude... That Indian man is the fat guy bout 5 ft or so... he is a scammer... u jz gt scam man... he asked me 4 20 bucks 2 yrs ago... u fell 4 it dude...

HaraTakumi said...

haha......sorry gab...that's not him.....and he found a job already as a janitor at a church....really glad that i could help him then...otherwise i dunno could have happened to him.. :)