Friday, April 23, 2010

Whoa!

Yup...I can say that again in case you couldn't hear me...Whoa!!

In case there are friends and other Internet Wanderers who still read this blog whose blogger updates very rarely now, it's been a marathon of events for me for the past few months. My last post was like, in Jan or Feb? Anyway, it's a great feeling having the time to blog about something again :)

Currently working in a child care centre, it's an enriching experience for me to be close with primary school children again, after not going back to the temple at Tawau to help out at Sunday classes for such a long time. Most children at the Christian based centre belong to single parent families due to death of a parent or divorce.

I emphatise with the children at the centre, understanding how bad life could get having a single parent. At the same time however, I do feel blessed that my brother and I could emerge out of that matter and we are now challenging our limits doing the things that we like. Kids back at the centre kept thinking that they were stupid and useless.

Encouraging them prove to be a daunting task indeed, as sometimes us teachers may feel like giving up on them. However, by the Grace of God, it never stopped us from motivating them and helping them with their schoolwork, in hopes that they too, can experience God's Grace.

There were times I almost lost my patience persuading them to finish up their homework before they can play. But those were the times where I remembered that despite my parents have high expectations on me, I still have my freedom to play till my heart's content. I guess there's a need to teach P1 to P6 kids about the balance of work and play (could we shift more in favour with work for the time being? :P)

So that's from my work life :)

0 comments: