Friday, April 23, 2010

My SMU Testimony

I've always knew that God opens and closes doors of opportunities for us, but never did I experience such a divine intervention until this happened:

On the day I received a letter from NUS, I was overjoyed that No. 1 university had offered me the ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship (AUS) to me to pursue a double degree in Economics and Business Admin (Accountancy). I shared the news with parents and friends and it seems that I would be heading to the Kent Ridge campus.

But since then, I had a feeling that I would not be walking in and out the lecture halls of NUS despite that Dad and I had made arrangements that he, mom and sis will fly over to help out with the signing of the scholarship agreement. Thus, I went around asking friends on Facebook and Oldham Hall on which university should I go to. Most suggested NUS since I am offered a scholarship to study there and there is no reply from SMU regarding any scholarship offers.

Sighing, Candice reminded me how happy I was after the interview I attended at SMU School of Economics. Then, it struck me that I loved the environment SMU provides as well as all the habitants (lol?) that resides in the middle of the Bras Basah campus.

One day, I called the Office of Undergraduate Admissions but nobody picked up the phone. So at that time I thought that perhaps God wanted me to go to NUS all along. Despite that, I still felt I should try my best contacting someone in SMU about my desire to study there. So, I typed an email to the director of the Office, hoping that they would reply me whether they could provide me the outcome of my scholarship application to study in SMU earlier.

After that, I prayed to God, I said "God, if You want me to study in SMU, let my phone ring the very next day. If not, I will faithfully go to NUS." (YES I KNOW IT'S A WEIRD PRAYER BUT NVM LOL!)

Next day, someone called from SMU congratulating me for being offered AUS to study in SMU! And yes, I agreed to accept the scholarship rightaway and began submitting the signed scholarship agreement as well as the GIRO form to allow the Uni to transfer my living allowance.

Until now, I am still shocked that God had answered my prayer and gave me that scholarship to study in SMU. Let this testimony be proof that our God is a listening God and to glorify Him and His works in our lives. I encourage everyone to trust God to control the reins of our lives as how my life is held tightly by Him.

1 comments:

joanne stmh ♥♥ said...

praise the lord!
congratz on the admission